Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Adobe and the Poo an a Page theorem

A long time ago in a galaxy surprisingly close, a work colleague of mine made a comment on the waterfall model of development.  Recently I watch a video where a character was quoted with "I would by almost anything if it is shiny and made by Apple".

Well I am here to tell you that after many years developing real software with real tools, my short foray into toy software and toy tools seems to be combining these two.

Enter Adobe CS3, $699USD and the simplest request for a change to a flash component.

The flash "IDE" is a fucking joke (I can squeeze better functionality out of Wordpad) but it sure has a shiny box and great looking splash screen.

If you want my cash Mr Adobe, you are going to have to fight me for it, cause I am not paying for your Poo on a Page.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Further to this, I really need to work on smashing out some eclipse plugins.

As eclipse and ActionScript editor, like swimming and drinking, is a winning combination.

Unknown said...

FYI: http://eclipse.dzone.com/articles/real-world-eclipse-plugins-two